Loved the look of Emilie's Coca Cola Chocolate Cake? Here's the recipe for you to have a go yourself...
Tin or silicone mould 24cm
Butter 250g + enough to grease the tin
Self-raising flour 250g
Castor sugar 300g
Cocoa powder 3 heaped tbsp.
Bicarbonate of soda ½ tsp
Large eggs 2
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Good quality dark chocolate 250g
Double cream 250ml
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease the cake pan or silicone mould.
2. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
3. Gently warm the cola and butter in a pan to melt.
4. Once melted, add to dry ingredients along with the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Mix gently but thoroughly and then tip into the cake pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes – insert skewer and if it comes out clean then remove from oven, if not then wait 5 more minutes and try again.
7. Remove and cool for 10-15 minutes then turn out.
8. While cake is cooling, start the chocolate ganache – heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to the boil.
9. When the cream has come to the boil, pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth.
10. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the centre of the cake and work outward.
11. Decorate as desired.